take root and roam..

Monday, August 02, 2004

stuff

time to post! let's see... first of all a friend wanted me to blog about my recent adventures playing "Unreal Tournament"., cause they think it's hilarious that I'd ever play it, or survive for that matter. Well, it's been funny that's for sure. For those of you who don't know, it's this game where you shoot people. yep. I even have favorite weapons, the flak cannon, the sniper rifle. Capture the flag is my favorite game on there. So everybody, have a good laugh, at Jess, playing computer shooting games. haha. Okay, next, I will discuss my sadness associated with library books. I LOVE THE LIBRARY., and I love getting books from the library. However, due to my packrat nature and belief that a book should never be thrown away, It saddens me oh so much when I realize that the wonderful book I've just read must be ,....... returned. I definitely would rather have it go up on the shelf among the rest of my books to be kept, forever, and ever. Yesterday in church, part of the sermon was about being happy with something without owning it. My little heart immediately was reminded of my feelings about the library. So maybe the elsson didn't apply to library books, but I think it could be a lesson to be learned. Oh how I need to enjoy the books without owning them and keeping them forever and ever. I'll work on that.
Next, I hate money. Next, I'm ready to start school. Next, oh I'm reading this book I borrowed from my uncle called "Wicked". It's not a new book, but I've just heard about the Broadway play adapted from the book recently. It's about the life and times of the wicked witch of the west,.. her side of the story. It's rather interesting and funny. I finished "Pigs in Heaven" by Barbara Kingsolver...great book. Okay, I will have to continute this post later, I am being summoned. Have a good day everyone.,

No comments: