take root and roam..

Sunday, August 15, 2004

so

So I've been really busy lately, and it's been very good for me. I've had a great time being a "mentor" for new international students. I was really nervous about it, because I'm not really comfortable with leadership positions.. but it has gone well. Our students are great and I've had a lot of fun this past week. I'm really looking forward to school starting too.
It's good to have a lot going on. Even though I craved being alone and with nothing to do a lot of this summer, it really did me more harm than good, and it was tough. But, I got through it, thankfully.
Today I went to a celebration for India's Independence Day that a bunch of Indian students put on. It was so awesome, it was really a good time. Today I need to clean, do some more moving in, etc.
I've had some pretty bad dreams lately. I hate it. I hope they stop. Tomorrow we are taking the students hiking and stuff, it will be fun. I thought I had a lot to catch up on, but I was wrong. I'll write more later.... have a good day!

No comments: